Since this is my blog and I'm supposed to tell you about my life, I feel to tell about all kinds of natural healing, because it's such a big part of my life.
Last night the ice covered the lake our the island I live at, a thin layer of a couple centimeters.
So like every Monday, the good wood fired sauna by the lake is open, and I go down there with a bucket of tea and essential oils.
But this time it's different, with the ice the water is even colder, and the air..! ❄️ First time out the sauna I RAN down the bridge towards the railing, slipping on the ice and my feet sticking to the frost covered planks.
Down the ladder, IN the water, UP and ran back... I felt silly.
So after warming up again, the next time I walked calmly down... Calmly went into the water... Breathe in... Breathe out... Stood on the lower step of the ladder, washing my face and ears, while holing on with one hand.
Took a piece of ice and put it on my next, with a moan of relaxation I felt my shoulders drop down and mind going silent..
And the third round the same, but even slower pace.
Adding to that some magnesium body butter, I had such a good night's sleep.
Some of the benefits with alternate/cold water:
- Increases metabolism up to 3 times.
- shrinks pores and increases skin elasticity, helping combat ageing (inside and outside), wrinkles, acne, skin issues and dandruff.
- Increases circulation, relaxes muscles and stimulates immune system, relieves muscle stiffness and soreness, even rheumatoid arthritis!
- Lightens the mood; it relieves feelings of sadness, depression, increases adrenaline and endorphins, relieves pain, increases heart rate
- increases the body's production of cortisol!
makes you more durable, healthier, and alive.
Have a beautiful day, and a cold shower!
Love and dance
.... and, you know,
all the other things that would interest you if you're a fan, if you like my writing, or if you are a pontential employer/client for whom it is important to know if I am a republican or if I eat bacon every day.Fortunately for you, I am/do neither. Bacon is not healthy.